Thursday, April 18, 2013

Response to Colin's Post

Do you believe that the initial price of clothing is established with the belief that the clothing will not be sold at that price so that the store may offer discounts to make the customer believe they are getting a better value? Do you believe, as a customer, that you would be getting as good a value or as good a quality product if they started at the lowest discount price? 

I believe that only a portion of clothing is expected to be sold at the retail price. The clothing industry is one of the fastest changing industries and clothing manufacturers realize that a certain style of clothing will only be popular for a short period of time. Therefore, the likelihood of thier clothing becoming discounted is very high.  I do not think that my value in a product would be affected if that item started at the lowest discount price.  When developing loyalty to clothing brands, I consider price, quality and style. If I can get a high-quality, stylish product at the lowest possible price, I would consider that to be a great value.  

No comments:

Post a Comment